- India to host FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017Posted 14 hours ago
- Ncell Cup 2070 – Boys Union defeats Saraswoti to Proceed Next RoundPosted 19 hours ago
- Ncell cup 2070 – NPC confirms Quarter finals – APF knocked outPosted 22 hours ago
- NMB Bank Machhindra FC Starts with a winPosted 2 days ago
- Ncell Cup 2070 – Sankata – Jawalakhel Share PointPosted 2 days ago
Nepal 1-2 Turkmenistan – AFC U19 Championship Qualifiers
- Updated: October 4, 2013
Two Second half goals from Turkmenistan against 10 men were enough to hand Nepal their first defeat in the group at Qatar SC Stadium in Doha.
It was Nepal who remained superior in the first half with Ashim Jung Karki’s free kick which remained the superb one to give Nepal early lead in the 16th minute of the game. The lead remained decisive one at the end of first half as the half ended 1-0 in Nepal’s favor, however Nepal Army man Bivek Pratap Panta was booked twice to let Nepal struggle in 10 men.
The numerical advantage over the Gorkhalis proved costly for Nepal as Turkmenistan got the equalizer through a post kick as skipper Sulav Masked gave away penalty on an untimely challenge in own box.
Nepali defenders remained culprits in the second half not marking Turkmenistan striker who found the lead for the winning side through an open header on goal scoring in 79th minute of the game.
Nepal failed to make any shots on target as they loose three points in the first match of the AFC U16 qualifiers group A. Nepal will play India on Sunday in second match of the group.
Powered by Facebook Comments