Wigan Vs Chelsea: Preview Prediction Lineup and Formation
Chelsea will be looking for a blast in their opening match of the season as they are looking for title this term and Wigan will try to continue the form which they gained in the last two months of 2010-2011 season.
Chelsea finished shocking sixth position last season but manage to qualify for the Champions league as a title defenders and Wigan surprised all by staying at the premier league after fighting in the last two months of last season. It will be first premier league game for Chelsea after the departure of Didier Drogba and Torres has high expectation from all. Chelsea’s traget Victor Moses have high chances of Starting from Wigan. Roman Abramovich has spend high to make the Blues title contender and brought down the average age of the squad by the quality young signings. Roberto Martinez has once again stayed at Wigan after linking with the high profiles club.
Wigan: Al Habsi; Boyce, Caldwell, Alcarez, Figueroa; Moses, McCarthy, McArthur, Miyaichi; Di Santo, Kone.
Chesea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Mikel, Lampard; Mata, Oscar, E Hazard; Torres.
Prediction: Wigan 1-3 Chelsea
Players to watch
Miyaichi spent second half of the last season at Bolton after sent on loan by Arsenal. Japanese young star had good time there though Bolton were relegated. Oscar joined Chelsea in big money transfer after finishing his first Brazilian league is well mannered. He is expected to be the next No.10 for the National team. It is to see weather this two young stars can play upto their expectations or not.
- Victor Moses who is expected to be at Chelsea before the end of the transfer window might start.
- After the departure of Rodallega, Arouna Kone is expected to fill the void.
- New signing Ivan Ramis will be missed in the Center half.
- New signings Oscar and Hazard will debut.
- Another signing Marko Marin is out due to an injury and Sturridge is also out due to minor injury.
- As the Community shield is carried a non-competitive status Ivanovic will be playing despite having red card against the Manchester City in Community Shield match.