Euro Cup 2012: Statistics and Records
UEFA Euro 2012 was the 14th Euro cup of all time which was hosted by Poland and Ukraine from 8 June to 1 July. 16 teams were included in the tournament where Spain won the championship for the third time by beating Italy 4-0 in the final. Many records were created and Many old records were broken. Givemegoal.com has listed here some of the new records and the Statistics of Euro 2012.
New records created in the Final:
- Spaniard are now the first and only team to win back to back European championship as they defended their Euro 2008 title fascinatingly.
- The match gave birth to yet another record when Casillas reached his 100th international win which is a first time any player has been honored with this achievement for his nation in the history of Football.
- Otherr record was set by Chelsea man Torres after he scored goals in two consecutive Euro cup final as his goal in Euro 2006 final was the decider which separated them from Germany.
- 4-0 Win is the largest win ever in European cup Final . It was previously West Germany who scored 3-0 to Soviet Union back in 1972.
- Spain now share record with Germany to Win Most European Title(3).
- Xavi’s two assist also makes record in Final matches.
Click this sentence to fallow more .
Average Attendance: 46,481 Per match which is also the record Average attendance in Euro till now.
There were six joint high scorers:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo
2. Fernando Torres
3. Mario Balotelli
4. Mario Gomez
5. Alan Dzagoev
6. Mario Mandukic
Spains wins the Euro Cup
Own Goal: Only one own goal was scored in the tournament by Glen Jonhson of England playing against Sweden.
Name of the Ball: Special name was given to ball was The Adidas Tango 12.
Golden Boot Winner: Fernando Torres 3 Goals. Six players have equal amount of goal but Torres took least time to score those goals comparing to other five scorers.
Cash Prize for the teams:
- Champions: €7.5 million
- Runner-up: €4.5 million
- Reaching the semi-finals: €3 million
- Reaching the quarter-finals: €2 million
- Finishing in third place in a group: €1 million
- Winning a group match: €1 million
- Drawing a group match: €0.5 million
- Each team received €8 million in start money
Total match played: 31
Total numbers of goal scored: 76
Average goals per match: 2.45
Few other records:
- Jatro Williams of Netherlands became younget player to play in Euro cup.
- No group stage matches was ended goal less.