Euro Cup 2012 Group A Points Table, News and Standings
Russia Leads the Group A while Greece are down in the table. Check the updates, News and Match Results of Group A here.
- Czech Republic and Greece won in their last matches to enter the quarter finals.
- Poland Settles draw with Russia(1-1). Blaszczykowski equalized in the second half. Poland were following lead from Dzagoev’s goal which came on a free kick from Arshavin in the first half.
- Czech Republic won over Greece(2-1) to keep them on the edge of eliminations. With one games remaining, Greece has only 1 points on their hand. Two goals on first 6 minutes from Czech were the only goals from their side within the full time.
- Russia won to Czech Republic(4-1). Pavlyuchenko who came late on the game from bench stars to score and make an assist on a 4-1 truimph over Czech Republic.
- Poland and Greece distributed point each. The first game in the Euro cup 2012 ended as a draw as Lewandowski was announced Man of the Match.
Team News and Facts
- Greece as the runnerups will play Group of Death winners Germany
- Czech Republic will play against Portugal in Semis..
- Greece Keeper Chalkias picked up an injury and was substituted in a 2-1 loss against Czech Republic.
- Russian regular keeper Akinfeev is back from long term injury.
- Poland has never won in European Championship Final as their records shows three draws and two lost.
- Polish Goalkeeper sczezney was shown a direct red for bringing a player down on an attempt to save a goal. Similarly Greece defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos was shown double red card on same match.